Novocure™ is pleased to introduce the second generation Optune System. It is smaller and lighter, weighing just 2.7 lbs.
Optune componentsThe complete system includes a portable electric field generator,
transducer arrays, rechargeable batteries, and more.
Electric field generatorThe portable field generator can be carried with you to generate Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields) as you go about your day.
Transducer arraySterile, single-use transducer arrays are connected to the electric field
generator to deliver therapy. Transducer arrays should be changed at least
2 times per week (every 4 days at most).
Connection cable and boxBlack and white coded sockets on the cable box help ensure
that transducer arrays are properly connected.
Easy access sleeve bagOpenings conveniently located at the top
and bottom make it easy to reach
Convertible, 5-in-1 bagThis bag can be worn 5 different ways and has additional battery storage,
making it ideal for on-the-go use.
The second generation Optune System is designed for enhanced carrying comfort and usability:
- Easy-grip texture allows for better handling
- Battery indicator displays power and alerts patients when it’s time to change the battery attery indicator displays power and alerts patients when it’s time to change the battery
- Light-detecting sensor auto-dims the device and the charger in the dark
Other components include:
- Portable batteries: 4 batteries are provided with each kit; each battery lasts for 2 to 3 hours
- Charger for portable batteries: Batteries will need to be recharged for 2 to 4 hours. The batteries can be charged and used many times for about 6 to 9 months
- Plug-in power supply and power cords: New “No-Stop Swap” enables patients to swap batteries or power source without disrupting delivery of TTFields