Small. Light. Designed for everyday life.
Novocure's Optune system is small and lightweight, at just 2.7 pounds.1
Optune system components
The complete system includes a portable electric field generator,
transducer arrays, rechargeable batteries, and more.
Electric field generator
The portable field generator can be carried with youto generate Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields) as you go about your day.
Sterile, single-use transducer arrays are connected to the electric field generator to deliver
therapy. Transducer arrays should be changed at least 2 times per week (every 4 days at most).
Connection cable and box
Black and white coded sockets on the cable box help ensure
that transducer arrays are properly connected.
Easy access sleeve bag
Openings conveniently located at the top and bottom
make it easy to reach device controls.
Convertible, 5-in-1 bag
This bag can be worn 5 different ways and has additional battery storage,
making it ideal for on-the-go use.
The Optune system is designed for enhanced carrying comfort and usability:
- Easy-grip texture allows for excellent handling
- Battery indicator displays power and alerts patients when it’s time to change the battery
- Light-detecting sensor auto-dims the device and the charger in the dark
Other components include2:
- Portable batteries: 4 batteries are provided with each kit; each battery lasts for 2 to 3 hours
- Charger for portable batteries: Batteries will need to be recharged for 2 to 4 hours. The batteries can be charged and used many times for about 6 to 9 months
- Plug-in power supply and power cords: New “No-Stop Swap” enables patients to swap batteries or power source without disrupting delivery of TTFields
TTFields, Tumor Treating Fields.
References: 1. Kinzel A, Ambrogi M, Varshaver M, Kirson ED. Tumor treating fields for glioblastoma treatment: Patient satisfaction and compliance with the second-generation Optune® system. Clin Med Insights Oncol. 2019;13:1-7. 2. Optune patient information and operation manual. 2019. QSD-QR-704. REV 05.